Nesting Monitoring of Caretta caretta Sea Turtle in Kuriat islands!
For the whole nesting season they have been monitoring the nesting activity of Caretta caretta sea turtle with the invaluable help of the volunteers. Conservation activities involved but were not limited to: daily beach patrols, nests monitoring and registering, sea turtle nest marking, placing tags to sea turtles, satellite tracking of sea turtles. Through this field work valuable data will be gathered with respect to nesting activity in the area, allowing for more efficient marine turtle conservation.
The aforementioned activities took place in the framework of the project “Conservation of Marine Turtles in the Mediterranean Region” funded by MAVA foundation
- Loggerhead turtle tagging in Kuriat islands Loggerhead turtle tagging in Kuriat islands
- genetic sampling genetic sampling
- Marking turtle nests Marking turtle nests
- Loggerhead turtle nest Loggerhead turtle nest
- Turtle tagging Turtle tagging
- Loggerhead turtle nesting Loggerhead turtle nesting
- satellite tracking of sea turtles satellite tracking of sea turtles