Sea turtle protection (SPA/RAC)
- Monitoring known nesting sites of marine turtles.
- Explore the Libyan coastal beaches to identify new nesting sites.
- Assess the quality of the beaches for nesting and incubation on new potential nesting areas.
- Design specific conservation measures for known and sporadic nesting areas.
- Monitor sea turtle nest temperatures using dataloggers.
- Collect samples for isotope and genetic analysis from nesting females and hatchlings.
- Update the Libyan National Action Plan for the Conservation of Marine Turtles.
- Update the report “The Marine Turtles in Libya 2005-2013”.
National Coordinator: Mr EL Mokhtar Said
Partners: EGA (Environmental General Authority), LibSTP.